Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Rock County

  •   State: 
    Rock County
    42.67121821098246, -89.0715584558825
      Area total: 
    726.14 sq. mi., 1880.69 sq. km, 464727.68 acres
      Area land: 
    718.15 sq. mi., 1859.99 sq. km, 459612.80 acres
      Area water: 
    7.99 sq. mi., 20.70 sq. km, 5114.88 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 51 S Main St
    County Courthouse
    Janesville, WI 53545-3951
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 29 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Rock County, Wisconsin, United States

  •   Population: 
    163,687; Population change: 2.09% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    228 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.10% per 84,935 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $6.92 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rock County's population of Wisconsin of 74,206 residents in 1930 has increased 2,21-fold to 163,687 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.34% female residents and 49.66% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.41% in Rock County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 40.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.41% in Rock County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 40.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    70,068 residential units of which 94.10% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Rock County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.38% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.96% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.72% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.78% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rock County, Wisconsin 66.25% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.96% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.79% are vacant.

  • The 48.86% of the population in Rock County, Wisconsin who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 34.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.820%) of those eligible to vote in Rock County, Wisconsin.

Skyline of Rock County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Mirror Image

115 N Wells St, Kosciusko, MS 39090

Anne Nail Salon

11122 N Rockwell Ave # A9, Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Cathy's Beauty Salon

193 W Ridge St, Nanticoke, PA 18634

Ellegant Unisex

785 Allerton Ave, Bronx, NY 10467

Rumors Inc

130 Sandy Bottom Rd, Coventry, RI 02816

Landscape of Wisconsin