Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Jefferson County
    43.02081416695531, -88.77586587277536
      Area total: 
    582.74 sq. mi., 1509.29 sq. km, 372954.24 acres
      Area land: 
    556.49 sq. mi., 1441.31 sq. km, 356154.24 acres
      Area water: 
    26.25 sq. mi., 67.99 sq. km, 16800.00 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 311 S. Center Avenue
    County Courthouse
    Jefferson, WI
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 30 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States

  •   Population: 
    84,900; Population change: 1.45% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    152.6 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 45,213 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $3.50 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Wisconsin of 36,785 residents in 1930 has increased 2,31-fold to 84,900 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.10% female residents and 49.90% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.21% in Jefferson County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 38.79% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.21% in Jefferson County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 38.79% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    36,376 residential units of which 93.04% share occupied residential units.

    22.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.99% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.47% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.79% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.52% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Wisconsin 65.83% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.88% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.29% are vacant.

  • The 73.30% of the population in Jefferson County, Wisconsin who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.870%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.690%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Wisconsin.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies


1428 Scalp Ave, Johnstown, PA 15904

Intaglio Salon

2500 Meridian Pkwy STE 140, Durham, NC 27713

All About U By Carol Anne

3611 Concord Rd, Aston, PA 19014

Before & After Salon

2802 Hiers Corner Rd, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488

Beauty On the Beach

10 Beach St, Portland, ME 04101

Landscape of Wisconsin