Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Pennington County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Pennington County
      Zips: 
    57791
    57767
    57775
    57725
    57780
    57791
    57761
    57790
    57751
    57719
    57745
    57703
    57702
    57701
      Coordinates: 
    44.003713480357376, -102.82381490933693
      Area total: 
    2784.46 sq. mi., 7211.72 sq. km, 1782053.76 acres
      Area land: 
    2776.77 sq. mi., 7191.79 sq. km, 1777129.60 acres
      Area water: 
    7.69 sq. mi., 19.93 sq. km, 4924.16 acres
      Established: 
    1875
      Capital seat: 

    Rapid City
    Address: 130 Kansas Street
    County Administration Building
    Rapid City, SD
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Pennington County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    109,222; Population change: 8.20% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    39 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,819
      Households: 
    38,959
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.30% per 57,094 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $4.94 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Pennington County's population of South Dakota of 20,079 residents in 1930 has increased 5,44-fold to 109,222 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.30% female residents and 49.70% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.04% in Pennington County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.04% in Pennington County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    49,153 residential units of which 91.37% share occupied residential units.

    19.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Pennington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.95% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.54% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.16% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Pennington County, South Dakota 61.30% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.10% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.60% are vacant.

  • The 60.15% of the population in Pennington County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.640%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 38.470%) of those eligible to vote in Pennington County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Pennington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Fran's Stylistic Hair Fashions

221 Putnam Pike, Johnston, RI 02919

Flaunt

902 N Leroy St, Fenton, MI 48430

First Impressions Salon

1116 E Main St, Franklin, North Carolina 28734

Hair We Are

1668 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown, PA 19031

Frances' Beauty Shop

1126 Wright St, Sweetwater, TN 37874

Landscape of South Dakota