Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lincoln County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Lincoln County
      Zips: 
    57027
    57027
    57034
    57077
    57039
    57032
    57013
    57064
    57108
      Coordinates: 
    43.27892228723578, -96.72182437767279
      Area total: 
    577.75 sq. mi., 1496.36 sq. km, 369758.72 acres
      Area land: 
    577.29 sq. mi., 1495.18 sq. km, 369467.52 acres
      Area water: 
    0.46 sq. mi., 1.18 sq. km, 291.20 acres
      Established: 
    1867
      Capital seat: 

    Canton
    Address: 100 E 5Th St
    County Courthouse
    Canton, SD 57013-1798
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Lincoln County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    65,161; Population change: 45.36% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    113 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $62,482
      Households: 
    15,006
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.60% per 35,711 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.42 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lincoln County's population of South Dakota of 13,918 residents in 1930 has increased 4,68-fold to 65,161 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.78% female residents and 50.22% male residents live in as of 2020, 68.57% in Lincoln County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 31.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 68.57% in Lincoln County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 31.43% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,227 residential units of which 94.85% share occupied residential units.

    21.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Lincoln County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.90% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.28% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.14% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.97% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lincoln County, South Dakota 77.99% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.07% are rented apartments, and the remaining 1.95% are vacant.

  • The 42.03% of the population in Lincoln County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 56.840%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 41.610%) of those eligible to vote in Lincoln County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Lincoln County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Kennections Hair Concepts

150 Lawrenceville Pennington Rd Suite 8, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Shear Perfection

2535 Bernadette Dr, Columbia, MO 65203

Polaris For Hair

1028 SW Taylor St, Portland, OR 97205

Custom Style Salon

122 S Elm St, Hemlock, MI 48626

Christie Smith Hair Salon

162 S Whitfield St, Nazareth, PA 18064

Landscape of South Dakota