Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Faulk County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Faulk County
      Zips: 
    57473
    57470
    57466
    57435
    57438
      Coordinates: 
    45.0710105213993, -99.1452534785722
      Area total: 
    1005.89 sq. mi., 2605.25 sq. km, 643770.88 acres
      Area land: 
    981.69 sq. mi., 2542.57 sq. km, 628282.88 acres
      Area water: 
    24.20 sq. mi., 62.68 sq. km, 15488.00 acres
      Established: 
    1873
      Capital seat: 

    Faulkton
    Address: PO BOX 309
    County Courthouse
    Faulkton, SD 57438-0309
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Faulk County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    2,125; Population change: -10.11% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2.16 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $34,763
      Households: 
    850
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.50% per 1,039 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $191.77 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Faulk County's population of South Dakota of 6,895 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,31-fold to 2,125 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.58% female residents and 49.42% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.28% in Faulk County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 34.72% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.28% in Faulk County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 34.72% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    1,022 residential units of which 74.46% share occupied residential units.

    17 minutes is the average time that residents in Faulk County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    58.46% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.53% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 18.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Faulk County, South Dakota 57.32% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.07% are rented apartments, and the remaining 29.61% are vacant.

  • The 94.53% of the population in Faulk County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.000%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 35.740%) of those eligible to vote in Faulk County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Faulk County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

A Special Touch Hair Care Std

2832 The Plaza, Charlotte, NC 28205

Twistyle Hair Design

Columbus, OH 43214

Hair Fashions By Vicki

2003 Cypress St, Higginsville, MO 64037

Cut-N-Up

708 E Lee St, Rotan, TX 79546

Best Way Pro Beauty Supplies

7821 Brewerton Rd, Cicero, NY 13039

Landscape of South Dakota