Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fall River County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Fall River County
      Zips: 
    57782
    57766
    57763
    57735
    57747
      Coordinates: 
    43.23937802971349, -103.5275408942208
      Area total: 
    1749.16 sq. mi., 4530.31 sq. km, 1119464.96 acres
      Area land: 
    1739.89 sq. mi., 4506.29 sq. km, 1113528.96 acres
      Area water: 
    9.28 sq. mi., 24.02 sq. km, 5936.00 acres
      Established: 
    1883
      Capital seat: 

    Hot Springs
    Address: 906 N River St
    County Courthouse
    Hot Springs, SD 57747-1309
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Fall River County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    6,973; Population change: -1.71% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    4.01 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,050
      Households: 
    3,141
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.00% per 2,996 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $256.05 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fall River County's population of South Dakota of 8,741 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,8-fold to 6,973 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.95% female residents and 51.05% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.16% in Fall River County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 39.84% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.16% in Fall River County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 39.84% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    4,081 residential units of which 79.05% share occupied residential units.

    21 minutes is the average time that residents in Fall River County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.33% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.29% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.33% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fall River County, South Dakota 55.89% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.05% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.06% are vacant.

  • The 47.45% of the population in Fall River County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.640%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 35.130%) of those eligible to vote in Fall River County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Fall River County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

The Art of Hair salon and spa

2832 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Fairborn, OH 45324

Main Touch Salon & Day Spa

197 Denton Rd, New Albany, MS 38652

Savoy's Downtown Electrolysis

811 Dallas St # 820, Houston, TX 77002

Salon vivace

639 Pilot House Dr, Newport News, VA 23606

Original Flair Salon

1418 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

Landscape of South Dakota