Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clark County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Clark County
      Zips: 
    57217
    57225
    57236
    57271
    57217
    57258
    57278
    57225
      Coordinates: 
    44.858253784419674, -97.72949639803826
      Area total: 
    967.50 sq. mi., 2505.81 sq. km, 619199.36 acres
      Area land: 
    957.60 sq. mi., 2480.18 sq. km, 612866.56 acres
      Area water: 
    9.90 sq. mi., 25.63 sq. km, 6332.80 acres
      Established: 
    1873
      Capital seat: 

    Clark
    Address: PO BOX 294
    County Courthouse
    Clark, SD 57225-0294
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clark County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    3,837; Population change: 3.96% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    4.01 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,804
      Households: 
    1,287
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.90% per 2,181 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $188.61 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clark County's population of South Dakota of 11,022 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,35-fold to 3,837 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.64% female residents and 49.36% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.41% in Clark County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.41% in Clark County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 35.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    1,603 residential units of which 84.90% share occupied residential units.

    19.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Clark County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    62.98% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.26% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 18.20% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clark County, South Dakota 57.46% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 28.34% are vacant.

  • The 90.93% of the population in Clark County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.900%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.780%) of those eligible to vote in Clark County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Clark County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Van Buren's Salon

4377 Jackson Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103

One Hair Place

324 Broadway, Davenport, Oklahoma 74026

Treasure Valley Academy Of Beauty

49 NW 1st St Ste 5, Ontario, OR 97914

Hairpocalypse

904 Hanover St, Manchester, NH 03104

Barbara's Beauty Shop

65 Co Rd 312, Corinth, MS 38834

Landscape of South Dakota