Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Charles Mix County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Charles Mix County
      Zips: 
    57361
    57329
    57367
    57342
    57356
    57380
    57369
      Coordinates: 
    43.20790692496966, -98.5878936135191
      Area total: 
    1150.24 sq. mi., 2979.10 sq. km, 736151.04 acres
      Area land: 
    1097.49 sq. mi., 2842.48 sq. km, 702392.32 acres
      Area water: 
    52.75 sq. mi., 136.62 sq. km, 33758.72 acres
      Established: 
    1862
      Capital seat: 

    Lake Andes
    Address: PO BOX 490
    Main Street-County Courthouse
    Lake Andes, SD 57356-0490
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Charles Mix County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    9,373; Population change: 2.67% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    8.54 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,401
      Households: 
    3,181
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 3,788 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $471.75 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Charles Mix County's population of South Dakota of 16,703 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,56-fold to 9,373 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.37% female residents and 49.63% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.49% in Charles Mix County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 43.51% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.49% in Charles Mix County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 43.51% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,625 residential units of which 84.14% share occupied residential units.

    15.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Charles Mix County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    68.40% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.99% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.42% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 13.11% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Charles Mix County, South Dakota 56.42% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.10% are rented apartments, and the remaining 17.48% are vacant.

  • The 69.45% of the population in Charles Mix County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.020%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.420%) of those eligible to vote in Charles Mix County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Charles Mix County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Hair Forum

703 E Kingsbury St, Seguin, TX 78155

Looks Unlimited

111 S Main St, Biscoe, NC 27209

Fresh Impressions Salon

910 3rd St, Pepin, WI 54759

Mr. Oscar Hairstylists

11424 NE Halsey St, Portland, OR 97220

Beene and Company Salon

446 Mid Cities Blvd, Hurst, TX 76054

Landscape of South Dakota