Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Brule County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Brule County
      Zips: 
    57370
    57355
    57325
      Coordinates: 
    43.71805881821176, -99.08093543186641
      Area total: 
    846.48 sq. mi., 2192.37 sq. km, 541745.28 acres
      Area land: 
    817.24 sq. mi., 2116.64 sq. km, 523034.24 acres
      Area water: 
    29.24 sq. mi., 75.72 sq. km, 18711.04 acres
      Established: 
    1875
      Capital seat: 

    Chamberlain
    Address: 300 S Courtland St
    County Courthouse
    Chamberlain, SD 57325-1599
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Brule County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,247; Population change: -0.15% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    6.42 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,513
      Households: 
    1,981
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.40% per 2,462 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $248.56 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Brule County's population of South Dakota of 7,416 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,71-fold to 5,247 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.07% female residents and 47.93% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.50% in Brule County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.50% in Brule County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,344 residential units of which 86.35% share occupied residential units.

    17.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Brule County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 11.84% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Brule County, South Dakota 61.11% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.50% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.39% are vacant.

  • The 79.75% of the population in Brule County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.690%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.570%) of those eligible to vote in Brule County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Brule County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

D'Lina Salon

258 West Street, Patchogue, NY 11772

Tony & Friends Salon & Spa Inc

19700 W Bluemound Rd #2, Brookfield, WI 53045

MAXIM Salon and Spa

2121 FM1417, Suite N, Sherman, TX 75092

Escape To Paradise Hair And Nail Spa LLC

9230 Florida Blvd suite g, Baton Rouge, LA 70815

Zoe & Co. Salon

1017 NW 41st St, Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Landscape of South Dakota