Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Brown County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Brown County
      Zips: 
    57426
    57439
    57460
    57402
    57474
    57449
    57479
    57481
    57433
    57427
    57432
    57441
    57446
    57445
    57401
      Coordinates: 
    45.5897230392496, -98.35161184159962
      Area total: 
    1730.95 sq. mi., 4483.14 sq. km, 1107808.64 acres
      Area land: 
    1713.03 sq. mi., 4436.73 sq. km, 1096339.20 acres
      Area water: 
    17.92 sq. mi., 46.41 sq. km, 11469.44 acres
      Established: 
    1879
      Capital seat: 

    Aberdeen
    Address: 25 Market St
    County Courthouse
    Aberdeen, SD 57401-4224
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Brown County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    38,301; Population change: 4.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    22 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,020
      Households: 
    15,057
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.40% per 20,582 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.12 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Brown County's population of South Dakota of 31,458 residents in 1930 has increased 1,22-fold to 38,301 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.62% female residents and 48.38% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.04% in Brown County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.04% in Brown County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,885 residential units of which 90.19% share occupied residential units.

    14.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Brown County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.99% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.43% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Brown County, South Dakota 61.05% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.56% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.39% are vacant.

  • The 81.98% of the population in Brown County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.290%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.880%) of those eligible to vote in Brown County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Brown County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Pete & Roque hair styling salon

12717 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112

Style Center

125 S Broadway St, Green Springs, OH 44836

Uranz Hair Studio & Spa

1419 London Rd, Duluth, MN 55805

Hair by Me

1601 Texas Blvd N A, Weslaco, TX 78596

Beauty & More

556 John B White Sr Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29306

Landscape of South Dakota