Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Aurora County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Aurora County
      Zips: 
    57375
    57383
    57368
      Coordinates: 
    43.71801949740739, -98.5615628049354
      Area total: 
    712.79 sq. mi., 1846.10 sq. km, 456182.40 acres
      Area land: 
    708.46 sq. mi., 1834.90 sq. km, 453414.40 acres
      Area water: 
    4.33 sq. mi., 11.20 sq. km, 2768.00 acres
      Established: 
    1881
      Capital seat: 

    Plankinton
    Address: PO BOX 397
    County Courthouse
    Plankinton, SD 57368-0397
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Aurora County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    2,747; Population change: 1.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    3.88 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,983
      Households: 
    1,093
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.20% per 1,477 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $85.75 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Aurora County's population of South Dakota of 7,139 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,38-fold to 2,747 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.82% female residents and 51.18% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.37% in Aurora County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 34.63% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.37% in Aurora County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 34.63% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    1,260 residential units of which 86.98% share occupied residential units.

    20.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Aurora County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    67.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.14% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 15.82% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Aurora County, South Dakota 64.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.56% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.42% are vacant.

  • The 78.76% of the population in Aurora County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.810%) of those eligible to vote in Aurora County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Aurora County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Paula's Style & Tan

410 W 11th St, Salisbury, MO 65281

New Reflections

200 Central Ave N, Watkins, MN 55389

Reflections Styling Salon

2590 Idaho St, Elko, NV 89801

Just Cuts

242 S Chicago St, Hot Springs, SD 57747

The Right Cut

3443 William Penn Ave, Johnstown, PA 15909

Landscape of South Dakota