Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Custer County

  •   State: 
    Nebraska
      County: 
    Custer County
      Zips: 
    68881
    68828
    68860
    68855
    68813
    68856
    68825
    69120
    68874
    68814
    68822
      Coordinates: 
    41.3942640492988, -99.72614387792314
      Area total: 
    2575.95 sq. mi., 6671.69 sq. km, 1648610.56 acres
      Area land: 
    2575.59 sq. mi., 6670.76 sq. km, 1648380.16 acres
      Area water: 
    0.36 sq. mi., 0.93 sq. km, 230.40 acres
      Established: 
    1877
      Capital seat: 

    Broken Bow
    Address: 431 S 10Th Ave
    County Courthouse
    Broken Bow, NE 68822-2043
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Custer County, Nebraska, United States

  •   Population: 
    10,545; Population change: -3.60% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    4.09 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,211
      Households: 
    4,391
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.70% per 6,348 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.84%
      GDP: 
    $790.65 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Custer County's population of Nebraska of 26,189 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,4-fold to 10,545 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.76% female residents and 49.24% male residents live in as of 2020, 68.05% in Custer County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 31.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 68.05% in Custer County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 31.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,310 residential units of which 85.71% share occupied residential units.

    18.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Custer County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.29% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.90% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 12.76% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Custer County, Nebraska 58.70% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.71% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.59% are vacant.

  • The 54.44% of the population in Custer County, Nebraska who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 77.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 21.370%) of those eligible to vote in Custer County, Nebraska.

Skyline of Custer County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Cutting Edge

103 Attucks Ave, Vinita, OK 74301

Lorens Beauty Salon

6122 Bergenline Ave, West New York, NJ 07093

Salon Estyles #1

156 Collett Pl, Dallas, TX 75214

Salon Two

108 Fayetteville St, Clinton, NC 28328

Cha-Mai's Hair Salon

1876 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ 07040

Landscape of Nebraska