Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Clay County

  •   State: 
    Nebraska
      County: 
    Clay County
      Zips: 
    68975
    68452
    68954
    68934
    68980
    68944
    68938
    68941
    68935
    68933
    68979
      Coordinates: 
    40.524432316057485, -98.05128422269539
      Area total: 
    573.54 sq. mi., 1485.46 sq. km, 367064.32 acres
      Area land: 
    572.29 sq. mi., 1482.22 sq. km, 366264.96 acres
      Area water: 
    1.25 sq. mi., 3.23 sq. km, 799.36 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Clay Center
    Address: PO BOX 67
    County Courthouse
    Clay Center, NE 68933-0067
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Clay County, Nebraska, United States

  •   Population: 
    6,104; Population change: -6.70% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    11 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,775
      Households: 
    2,434
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.20% per 3,256 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.84%
      GDP: 
    $324.18 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Clay County's population of Nebraska of 13,571 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,45-fold to 6,104 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.29% female residents and 48.71% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.35% in Clay County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 32.65% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.35% in Clay County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 32.65% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,817 residential units of which 89.07% share occupied residential units.

    21.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Clay County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.56% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.73% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.33% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.75% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Clay County, Nebraska 63.90% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.03% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.07% are vacant.

  • The 66.72% of the population in Clay County, Nebraska who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.780%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 25.720%) of those eligible to vote in Clay County, Nebraska.

Skyline of Clay County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Allure Salon

522 W Fourteenth St, Traverse City, MI 49686

Cheryl's Hair Care

929 D St, Fairbury, NE 68352

Cut Loose Hair Salon

44448 Hayes Rd, Clinton Twp, MI 48038

Jennis Salon

5624 Mosholu Ave, Bronx, NY 10471

Cute N Sassy Spa & Salon

243 North Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49017

Landscape of Nebraska