Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cherry County

  •   State: 
    Nebraska
      County: 
    Cherry County
      Zips: 
    69135
    69220
    69212
    69219
    69221
    69216
    69211
    69218
    69201
      Coordinates: 
    42.54494371847373, -101.11855667289137
      Area total: 
    6009.42 sq. mi., 15564.32 sq. km, 3846027.52 acres
      Area land: 
    5960.21 sq. mi., 15436.87 sq. km, 3814533.12 acres
      Area water: 
    49.21 sq. mi., 127.45 sq. km, 31494.40 acres
      Established: 
    1883
      Capital seat: 

    Valentine
    Address: 365 N Main Street #5
    Valentine, NE
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Cherry County, Nebraska, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,455; Population change: -4.52% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    0.92 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,305
      Households: 
    2,362
      Unemployment rate: 
    2.40% per 3,334 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.84%
      GDP: 
    $348.24 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cherry County's population of Nebraska of 10,898 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,5-fold to 5,455 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.66% female residents and 50.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.39% in Cherry County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.39% in Cherry County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,979 residential units of which 81.47% share occupied residential units.

    14.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Cherry County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    64.07% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.51% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 12.65% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cherry County, Nebraska 46.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.25% are rented apartments, and the remaining 26.73% are vacant.

  • The 53.06% of the population in Cherry County, Nebraska who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 77.150%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 19.580%) of those eligible to vote in Cherry County, Nebraska.

Skyline of Cherry County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Innovations Hair Design

4048 Union Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225

Hair Express By KC

94 Robin St, Albany, NY 12206

Just Hair Salon

513 N Main St, Winton, NC 27986

Modern Hair Care

454 E High St, Flushing, OH 43977

Hairflair Beauty bar

3380 Boston Rd, Bronx, NY 10469

Landscape of Nebraska