Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Buffalo County

  •   State: 
    Nebraska
      County: 
    Buffalo County
      Zips: 
    68861
    68858
    68849
    68870
    68812
    68848
    68866
    68876
    68836
    68869
    68840
    68845
    68847
      Coordinates: 
    40.855152534772536, -99.07496613126327
      Area total: 
    975.40 sq. mi., 2526.27 sq. km, 624255.36 acres
      Area land: 
    968.22 sq. mi., 2507.68 sq. km, 619660.80 acres
      Area water: 
    7.18 sq. mi., 18.59 sq. km, 4594.56 acres
      Established: 
    1855
      Capital seat: 

    Kearney
    Address: PO BOX 1270
    County Courthouse
    Kearney, NE 68848-1270
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Buffalo County, Nebraska, United States

  •   Population: 
    50,084; Population change: 8.64% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    52 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,023
      Households: 
    17,522
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.00% per 27,519 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.84%
      GDP: 
    $2.71 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Buffalo County's population of Nebraska of 24,338 residents in 1930 has increased 2,06-fold to 50,084 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.83% female residents and 49.17% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.60% in Buffalo County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 44.40% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.60% in Buffalo County, Nebraska are married and the remaining 44.40% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    20,947 residential units of which 93.52% share occupied residential units.

    16.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Buffalo County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.37% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.73% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.76% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Buffalo County, Nebraska 59.41% are owner-occupied homes, another 34.26% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.33% are vacant.

  • The 59.75% of the population in Buffalo County, Nebraska who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.880%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.410%) of those eligible to vote in Buffalo County, Nebraska.

Skyline of Buffalo County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Bangz Hair & Nail Studio

116 N Gaston Ave, Somerville, NJ 08876

Creative Cutters

108 Shoprite Blvd, Ellenville, NY 12428

Gazebo Salon

204 S 2nd St, Copperas Cove, TX 76522

Swank Hair Salon

304 W 11th St B, New York, NY 10014

Expressions Hair & Nail Salon

645 Knollwood Cir, Albemarle, NC 28001

Landscape of Nebraska