Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Chatham County

  •   State: 
    Georgia
      County: 
    Chatham County
      Zips: 
    31403
    31414
    31420
    31418
    31418
    31416
    31412
    31402
    31421
    31410
    31409
    31404
    31407
    31328
    31411
    31407
    31408
    31415
    31410
    31408
    31404
    31419
    31322
    31405
    31401
    31406
      Coordinates: 
    31.9739510503417, -81.09397031671159
      Area total: 
    629.98 sq. mi., 1631.63 sq. km, 403184.00 acres
      Area land: 
    433.12 sq. mi., 1121.77 sq. km, 277194.88 acres
      Area water: 
    196.86 sq. mi., 509.86 sq. km, 125989.12 acres
      Established: 
    1777
      Capital seat: 

    Savannah
    Address: PO BOX 8161
    Savannah, GA 31412-8161
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Chatham County, Georgia, United States

  •   Population: 
    295,291; Population change: 11.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    682 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,993
      Households: 
    2,854
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.60% per 140,631 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $17.00 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Chatham County's population of Georgia of 8,896 residents in 1930 has increased 1,08-fold to 9,565 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 41.04% female residents and 58.96% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.36% in Chatham County, Georgia are married and the remaining 46.64% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.36% in Chatham County, Georgia are married and the remaining 46.64% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    134,146 residential units of which 88.32% share occupied residential units.

    24.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Chatham County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.25% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.86% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Chatham County, Georgia 53.99% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.21% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.80% are vacant.

  • The 44.13% of the population in Chatham County, Georgia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.820%) of those eligible to vote in Chatham County, Georgia.

Skyline of Chatham County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Belkis Beauty Salon

4876 Broadway, New York, NY 10034

Team Cuts

30 Vosper St, Saranac, MI 48881

Fer's Beauty Salon Hispano

4616 Northwest Hwy, Garland, TX 75043

The Glass Slipper Beauty Pageant

116 Clemson St, Spartanburg, SC 29307

Salon Domani

12815 SE 38th St, Bellevue, WA 98006

Landscape of Georgia