Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Polk County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Polk County
      Zips: 
    33835
    33855
    33854
    33863
    33804
    33885
    33845
    33856
    33836
    33831
    33847
    33806
    33882
    33802
    33804
    33883
    33835
    33858
    33867
    33877
    33840
    33855
    33820
    33880
    33880
    33849
    33807
    33846
    33851
    33827
    34759
    33896
    33839
    33896
    34759
    33868
    33812
    33838
    33850
    33897
    33841
    33843
    33898
    33859
    33810
    33837
    33860
    33815
    33884
    33811
    33853
    33809
    33823
    33805
    33844
    33881
    33830
    33813
    33803
    33880
    33801
      Coordinates: 
    27.948871487841203, -81.69768552795993
      Area total: 
    2010.41 sq. mi., 5206.94 sq. km, 1286664.32 acres
      Area land: 
    1797.54 sq. mi., 4655.60 sq. km, 1150424.96 acres
      Area water: 
    212.87 sq. mi., 551.34 sq. km, 136239.36 acres
      Established: 
    1861
      Capital seat: 

    Bartow
    Address: PO BOX 9005
    County Courthouse
    Bartow, FL 33831-9005
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Polk County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    725,046; Population change: 20.42% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    403 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,950
      Households: 
    29,960
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.00% per 316,626 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $24.84 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Polk County's population of Florida of 18,093 residents in 1930 has increased 4,05-fold to 73,321 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.75% female residents and 49.25% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.85% in Polk County, Florida are married and the remaining 41.15% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.85% in Polk County, Florida are married and the remaining 41.15% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    316,381 residential units of which 86.10% share occupied residential units.

    27.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Polk County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.60% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.03% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.67% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.16% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Polk County, Florida 60.97% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.54% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.49% are vacant.

  • The 40.50% of the population in Polk County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.450%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 46.340%) of those eligible to vote in Polk County, Florida.

Skyline of Polk County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Attitude-A Salon

6754 W Sylvania Ave, Sylvania, OH 43560

Flaunt

7775 Auburn Rd, Utica, MI 48317

Super Styles

33 Northgate Plaza # 13, Harmony, PA 16037

Barb's Complete Salon

NC-711, Pembroke, North Carolina 28372

Snips & Clips 4 Kids

4115 S Grand Canyon Dr # 103, Las Vegas, NV 89147

Landscape of Florida