Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Leon County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Leon County
      Zips: 
    32316
    32314
    32318
    32313
    32315
    32362
    32302
    32307
    32306
    32399
    32317
    32311
    32305
    32310
    32309
    32312
    32304
    32303
    32301
    32308
      Coordinates: 
    30.458037771951194, -84.27788163705402
      Area total: 
    701.79 sq. mi., 1817.63 sq. km, 449147.52 acres
      Area land: 
    666.89 sq. mi., 1727.24 sq. km, 426809.60 acres
      Area water: 
    34.90 sq. mi., 90.40 sq. km, 22337.92 acres
      Established: 
    1824
      Capital seat: 

    Tallahassee
    Address: 315 S. Calhoun St.
    Suite 450
    Tallahassee, FL
    Governing Body: County Commission with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Leon County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    292,198; Population change: 6.07% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    437 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,008
      Households: 
    16,632
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 150,626 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.50%
      GDP: 
    $14.36 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Leon County's population of Florida of 12,456 residents in 1930 has increased 3,45-fold to 42,915 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.43% female residents and 48.57% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.70% in Leon County, Florida are married and the remaining 40.30% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.70% in Leon County, Florida are married and the remaining 40.30% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    133,478 residential units of which 90.72% share occupied residential units.

    23.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Leon County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.37% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.32% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.50% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Leon County, Florida 52.69% are owner-occupied homes, another 39.42% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.89% are vacant.

  • The 36.34% of the population in Leon County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 61.600%) of those eligible to vote in Leon County, Florida.

Skyline of Leon County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6003 Companies
1225 Counties
2909 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Roetta's Hairstyling

8611 US-421, Lillington, NC 27546

Roseanne's Beauty Salon

565 Fairview Ave, Hammonton, NJ 08037

A Perfect Image Hair Salon

5000 S Croatan Hwy N-16, Nags Head, NC 27959

Girl Friday

412 E Front St, Bloomington, IL 61701

Carle Place Haircutters

449 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY 11514

Other Companies

Hairs To You

6 Market St, Lockport, NY 14094

DASS (Design Affair Salon Studio)

3035 White Bear Ave #20, St Paul, MN 55109

Modern Nails

511 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222

Sister's African Hair Braiding

430 Jack Miller Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37042

Elite Hair Design

125 Foster St, Center, TX 75935

Landscape of Florida